If you’ve spent any amount of time with me during my videos or trainings you know that I do a lot of my work from my phone… a LOT of my work from my phone. I network and talk with a ton of people in any given week.
One question I get asked a lot is “how do you keep the conversation going” and how do you actually “get leads?”
So today I am going to share with you how to get endless leads for your work at home business from your smart phone.
Your goal – find your tribe and figure out how you can add value to their life
One motto I live by is that dollars follow value. If you have what someone is looking for they will spend the money to get what you have but too many times the problem comes in finding the right people to talk with in the first place.
I find a lot of people on social media. I start a lot of conversations every day. Not sure how to do that? Check out my blog post The Magical Art of Starting Conversations on Social Media – you’ll love it.
When you have found your tribe, you will know it. My tribe consists of women much like myself – mompreneurs who are interested in business, clean living and navigating the rocky waters of motherhood as myself and other moms share in the blog called Momalot.
[tweetshareinline tweet=”I’ve discovered over the years that you cannot say the wrong thing to the right people, but you can always say the wrong thing to the wrong people.” via=”no”]
In other words, with the right people it’s not work. You won’t have to worry about what you say because the conversation will come natural.
Your goal as you network is to sort, sift and support. I cover this technique in my article and video 3-step method for find the right people for your business.
If the conversation stalls just assume they got busy,.. and move on. Make a reminder to check in.
If you cannot chill with them, don’t build with them.
In other words if they are not someone you would hang out with in real life, don’t bother connecting with them. So many times I see people, especially those who are new to network marketing, relationship marketing, affiliate marketing and home business try to be all things to all people. It’s only human nature to want everyone to like us but it isn’t humanly possible.
3 more things to keep in mind when networking
- Curious – be more interested than interesting
- Don’t be that person that shoots off a message about your product right away.
- Check out their social media, comment about a post they made or shoot a private message congratulating them on a recent event or commenting on a vacation.
- Have genuine interest and caring.
- Endless conversation – have a reason to check back in.
- Just like in real life…When you care about someone you naturally follow up with them. For example my best friend had a migraine yesterday. So this morning I sent her a message asking how her migraine is — I didn’t have to think about it, I just did it.
- Have a reason to follow up – whether it is business related, or just being a real human being.
- You can’t do this with everyone – and that is why I say “find your tribe.”
- Seek to understand not be understood
- Don’t shove what you have down their throat
- Show up as a compassionate human and a solutions provider.
- Find out what they need – if they need your product or opportunity awesome.
- If not,… help them some other way.
- Maybe it is just connecting them with another person.
- Maybe it’s sharing a podcast or video you know will help them out.
- Maybe they are having a bad day so you check in later to see how they are doing.